Water is a significant operational cost to Cresset House, despite some eight million litres of water per annum being recycled via wetland reed beds for use in garden irrigation. Municipal water necessary for domestic use and food garden irrigation costs some R25, 000.00/month.
WE ARE HIRING!
Date: 18 May 2022
Cresset House a Residential & Work Facility for Adults with Intellectual Disabilities is looking for committed and passionate persons
as a Workshop Assistant.
- Always be at work on time to receive villagers and welcome them to the workshop.
- Remember that the villagers are of utmost importance and priority of attention in the work area.
- General planning and program to be discussed daily with your colleagues and supervisor.
- Ensure that you are always in your work area and if possible, your colleagues and supervisor should be informed of your whereabouts.
- The work area must always be clean and safe.
- Use initiative to develop and enhance skills in the villagers assigned to the workshop.
- Ensure good interaction between villagers.
- Involve villagers in individual and group activities.
- Contribute towards a balanced program in the workshop.
- Use creativity to plan craft & products that can be sold.
- Learn to know your villagers e.g., their skills, disabilities and shortcomings and treat them accordingly.
Applications must be accompanied by a Covering Letter, two page Curriculum Vitae (including two contactable referees).
To apply- submit latter to the Residential Social Worker or email your detailed CV and Covering Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 8 July 2022 at noon
SUSTAINABLE WATER PROJECT
Water is a significant operational cost to Cresset House, despite some eight million litres of water per annum being recycled via wetland reed beds for use in garden irrigation. Municipal water necessary for domestic use and food garden irrigation costs some R25, 000.00/month. The installation of a ring water main pipe connecting the properties 3 boreholes to a small water treatment plant will allow Cresset House to be self-sufficient and save some R20, 000/month (R240, 000.00/annum) in municipal water bills into the foreseeable future. This saving will improve the sustainability of the facility and minimise fee increases to residents families, some of whom struggle to finance the welfare of their intellectually disabled loved one.
The Rotary Clubs of Kyalami and Knights Pendragon have joined forces with Mix FM to assist this essential community facility in the raising of R292,000.00 required to finance this water project infrastructure.
Individuals and companies are requested to assist Cresset House with their donations, big or small. A section 18A tax certificate and copy of Cresset House’s Level 4 BBBEE certificate will be provided to donors, on request.
Account Name: Cresset House
Bank: Standard Bank
Account Number: 201-144-468
Branch: Boulders 00-11-55
Email the payment receipt to email@example.com with your name so that we can thank you.
Cresset House is a community which provides a 'home away from home' for adults living with intellectual disabilities. We provide residential and day facilities in a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment.
we have so much to offer. Complete our online application
HUGE THANK YOU TO OUR DONORS
Residential and Work Facilities for Adults with Intellectual Disabilities
Registered as a NPO (Act 71 of 1997) Companies Act 71 of 2008 Schedule 1
NPO Registration Number – 003-319 NPO and
PBO in terms of the Income Tax Act 1962 Article 30 and the Ninth Schedule